Secret "Crafty" Santa in March - Now Closed. We have reached the tipping point and I have decided to close registrations for this project. Stay tuned in the next two weeks as I'll be featuring the projects that get sent out on DudeCraft. And, not to worry...If it's a big success, I'll surely do it again.
My cool friend and talented illustrator/animator/artist, Jonathan Royce has sparked an idea in my pea sized brain. Jonathan wrote a facebook note, offering to make something for the first five people who responded to his post...a sort of "crafty pay it forward". Super cool, right? Well, being that the economy sucks and we're all a little beat up and worried, I thought it would be fun to do something similar. So, here's how it's going to work:
1. You email me (dudecraft:AT:gmail:DOT:com) your snail mail address, a short biographical note, and a list of three things in life that you really love.
2. In return, I give you someone else's information who has done the same.
3. You make something for that person and mail it to them.
4. Send me pics and a little story about what you received and I'll post one or two a day on DudeCraft.
5. We rejoice in each other's generosity and coolness.
1. The thing you make must cost $0.
2. It must be completed and mailed within two weeks of receiving your person's information.
3. It should somehow try to incorporate one of the three things that your person loves in life.
In order to make this manageable, this project will be limited to the first 50 people who apply. Let's get busy!